One thing that we are always short of is time – time to get dressed, time to shop, time to spend with family, time to work, time for holidays & “time for make-up”! Brands have been working to find the solution and they have come up with a magical solution which is the “Cushion Foundation”. Many brands have launched their cushion foundation, it is foundation embedded in the sponge which makes application easier, faster and on the go.
Why use cushion foundation?
As it is foundation embedded in sponge used with a puff that helps us get the right amount of product required. It is easy to apply, can be applied anywhere with minimal time and efforts. It gives sheer natural coverage to the skin.
What are the different kinds of cushion foundations available in market?
Many brands have launched cushion foundations, some of them are –
- Maybelline New York BB Cushion (available in 2 shades)
- The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation (avaialable in 2 shades)
- The Face Shop Cushion Foundation (available in four variants – Therapy cushion, BB Power Perfection, CC Long Lasting & Oil Control)
- Innisfree Cushion Foundation (available in 2 variants – Water Fit & Long Wear and in 6 shades)
- IsaDora Nude Cushion Foundation (availabe in 6 shades)
Which cushion foundation I love?
Innisfree water fit cushion foundation shade N27 is my holy grail.
My experience with Innisfree water fit cushion foundation?
I have been using this product from couple of weeks now and it has become one of the most important things in my handbag. I have combination skin with oily T-zone and dry cheeks so I chose water fit range as it is hydrating and gives glow to the skin unlike long wear which tends to minimize pores and give a mattifying look. So if you are a person with oily skin go for pro long wear range.
It comprises of three things – foundation sponge, cushion case and a puff. Innisfree gives lot of cushion case options to choose from, they have really cute designs. I chose the one I loved the most, Number 133 it is pretty purplish pink colour. It comes in 6 shades out of which four shades are suitable for fair to dark medium skin tones and the other 2 for the women with very fair skin tones. My shade is N27. It feels refreshing when applied due to green tea water present in it.
The best part about this product is that it’s like second skin but better and radiant. It has 35 SPF which is great as I dont need to apply sunscreen beneath it for the days I have less exposure to sunlight. Love the way it makes my skin look natural and glowy. I am very happy and satisfied with the product. I use MAC pre+prime and than this that’s all and my skin looks so radiant.
I would rate it 4.5/5, because it won’t be suitable for people who want complete coverage and want to hide marks.
Cost of the product?
- Innisfree Cushion Case – 600/-
- Innisfree Foundation Sponge – 900/-
- Puff – 150/-
P.S. If you buy new designs of cushion case, you get two powder puffs free of cost so go on and grab yours right away!
My suggestions –
- Visit Innisfree store and try the right shade for yourself and then buy, apply it for atleast half an hour to see it’s proper effect and then buy.
- It is 100% natural which is the best part
- It is value for money, as you can refill so every refill will cost you 900/-
- Ensure to keep the puff clean and keep on replacing it on regular bases for hygiene purpose.
- It is a good buy if you travel a lot as it is travel friendly.
My Shopping Story